Shop The Story
Three and all about me! Preschool-age kids are busy, busy, busy… asserting their independence. By the time your tot turns 3, they want to do it all themselves, from zipping their own coat and pushing (all) the elevator buttons to climbing in and out of the car with “NO HELP!”
Best Gifts For 3-Year-Olds
- Damhorst Toys & Puzzles Personalized Wooden Child's Name Puzzle Stool
- Springee 9ft Balance Beam
- ALEX Toys Little Hands Learn To Dress Kitty
- Skit Hop Zoo Little Kids & Toddler Backpack
- OK to Wake! Alarm Clock And Night-Light
- PP PICADOR Toddler Soccer Ball Toy
- Best Choice Products Kids Pretend Play Pushing Electronic Bubble Mower
- Preschool Basic Skills: Fine-Motor & Scissor Skills Workbook
- Pixel Premium ABC Magnets
- TOPTIE 4 Sets Kids
- Disney Princess Style Collection Travel Vanity
- Learning Resources Pretend And Play Calculator Cash Register
- Playz 7pc Kids Playhouse Pop Up Play Tent Crawl Tunnel & Ball Pit With Basketball Hoop
- Little Tikes 3-Foot Trampoline
- Step2 Best Chef
- Radio Flyer Red Rider Trike
- Ride on Wiggle Car By Lil
- Step2 Waterfall Discovery Wall
- Melissa & Doug Band-In-A-Box
- Play-Doh Modeling Compound 10-Pack Case
- Melissa & Doug Water Wow! Reusable Color With Water Activity Pad 3-Pack
- Brickyard 163 Piece STEM Toys Kit
- Baby Alive Potty Dance Baby
- Lincoln Logs
- KIZZYEA Water Doodle Mat
Along with a 3-year-old’s can-do attitude comes an amazing set of new feats that are a joy to watch come on. Now, your child can grip crayons and practice with scissors (on paper, hopefully!). Their imagination is growing as quickly as their ability to leap and bound, but that means fears are also developing. Watch for that monster under the bed! A child this age is also learning to balance on one foot, can hop, kick and throw a ball with some precision, go up and down stairs with alternating feet, walk in a straight line, ride a tricycle and draw simple shapes like a circle. They may even start to draw faces.
Preschoolers love pretend play and are beginning to understand the stories you read to them, and their relation to those stories. They are also learning more about the world around them each day, from colors to numbers to how to really, really show you what they want. NOW!
If you are looking for a gift to entertain and educate the energetic threenager in your life, consider these top-selling options that range from awesome outdoor play ideas to age-appropriate art supplies to STEM toys to classic offerings and even toys that make learning fun!
Each product we feature has been independently selected and reviewed by our editorial team. If you make a purchase using the links included, we may earn commission.