Shop The Story
Four years old and ready to take on the world! Your growing preschooler can do so much on their own now, from brushing their teeth to telling time. A child this age is balancing on one foot and doing somersaults — probably into the wall. Four-year-olds can also ride a tricycle, copy shapes and even draw a person. With a body!
Best Gifts for 4-Year-Olds
- TOP BRIGHT Colors Wooden Blocks Stacking Board Games
- Dragons Love Tacos
- The Rainbow Fish
- Haigerx Kids Electric Toothbrush
- Amazon Fire 7 Kids Tablet
- VTech Kidizoom Camera Pix
- Fat Zebra Design 52-Piece Sidewalk Chalk Bucket
- Flyer My First Foam Pogo Jumper
- VTech Kidizoom SmartwatchDX2
- Melissa & Doug Mine To Love Baby Care Activity Center
- Melissa & Doug USA Map Floor Puzzle
- OuWen Rotating Night Light
- Pidoko Kids Train Table
- KidKraft Majestic Mansion Dollhouse
- LEGO Duplo My Town Family House
- Melissa & Doug Disney Minni Mouse And Daisy Duck Magnetic Dress-Up Wooden Doll
- Playmobil Aquarium
- Step2 Deluxe Art Master Kids Desk
- Melissa & Doug Wooden Tabletop Paper Roll Dispenser
- Fat Brain Toys Original Squigz 24 Piece Set
- Melissa & Doug Toy Shopping Cart
- Playmags 100 Piece Super Set
- Raskullz Dinosaur Dragon Or Unicorn Child Bike Helmets
- Razor Jr. 3-Wheel Lil
- Melissa & Doug Learn-To-Play Classic Grand Piano
Life is getting easier as the 4-year-old in your life is now expressing themselves with words, can follow rules (when they feel like it) and is starting to know their personal info like their phone number and address. Things are also super entertaining, since kids this age love singing, rhyming and can start to take turns and share with other kids. So now you can introduce games, and host and attend playdates without having to wrestle Goldfish out of their hands when they hog the entire bowl. Rejoice!
You may also notice that your 4-year-old is counting more than 10 objects, can identify letters and may even be writing their name. The best part about a child reaching this milestone, though, is that their attention span is becoming longer than two seconds. It’s an exciting time when your child has so much energy, curiosity, imagination and questions. So. Many. Questions.
Good thing we have the answer to one of your questions: What should you get them for a gift? Here, we offer top picks from little play experts, their parents and other gift givers, as in Grandma and Grandpa. These are their fave gifts for girls and boys who are 4, including blocks, art supplies, books, building sets, dollhouses, train tables, outdoor toys and more.
Each product we feature has been independently selected and reviewed by our editorial team. If you make a purchase using the links included, we may earn commission.