Shop The Story
At age 6, kids are gaining independence and knowledge seemingly every day. Not only can they do more on their own, such as read with less help, get ready without you hovering over them and even pour a glass of juice (and maybe even stop it before it overflows), but their personalities also are truly starting to come out.
The Best Gifts for 6-Year-Olds for Birthdays and Holidays
- Mookie Reflex Soccer Game
- Elmer's Slime Making Kit
- Fat Brain Toys Reptangles
- Kindzlane Light Up Dance Mat
- Roald Dahl Collection- 15 Paperback Book Boxed Set
- Awesome Jokes That every 6 Year Old Should Know
- Junie B. Jones's First Boxed Set Ever
- Creativity for Kids Fashion Headbands Craft kit
- Remote Control RC Programmable Robot
- US Sense Boys Toys 6 Pack LED Foam Finger Rockets Slingshot Rocket Copters
- Hauck Lightning- Pedal Go Kart
- Twister Game
- LEGO Classic Creative Suitcase
- Crayola Twistables Colored Pencils & Paper Set
- Sequin Unicorn Activity Kit
- SUUKAA RC Remote-Control Stunt Car For Kids
- Razor Scooter
- Nintendo Switch
- Garmin- Vivofit Jr. Activity Tracker For Kids
- LEGO Juniors The Joker Batcave Attack
- Cool Marker Sew N' Style Sewing Machine
- Barbie DreamHouse Playset
- Perfect Petzzz
- Kid Made Modern Ultimate Jewelry Kit
Kids this age understand jokes and love to tell them. They are reading their first chapter books and sharing their thoughts on the plot and characters. Six-year-olds have much longer attention spans now and may even complete their homework unassisted. With maybe a quick dance break.
The life of a kid who is 6 is still about burning off energy, and their imaginations continue to dominate play and activities. Many kids this age will start to show a competitive streak, and organized sports may be just the place to develop it. Keep in mind that your child is still working on how to handle criticism, however. But hey, aren’t we all?
Seeing a 6-year-old grow is exciting! They are sure to impress with new skills, like telling left from right, and may even teach parents a thing or two they don’t know (at least pretend!), like how ocean waves are made.
If you are looking for just the right gift for the 6-year-old smarty-pants/ball of energy in your life, we have all the hottest, most desired and most innovative toys on this list. Scroll through our choices for boys and girls who love sports, unicorns, books, crafting, video games and, of course, slime.
Each product we feature has been independently selected and reviewed by our editorial team. If you make a purchase using the links included, we may earn commission.