Shop The Story
Try Not to Laugh Challenge - Sassy Lassy Edition: A Hilarious and Interactive Joke Book for Girls
Can you believe your little one is already 8 years old? And they’re in third grade? There’s a lot to love about this stage of childhood. Like a longer attention span, and the ability to focus on completing their homework with only five giggle breaks, instead of 15. Kids this age are able to sit and read, or dance and read, as the case may be. But at age 8, kids are reading for content, so it’s important to pick books that will keep them engaged and help foster their lifelong love of reading (until they’re parents and have no time to read!).
25 Best Gifts For 8-Year-Olds
- Doinkit Darts- Magnetic Dart Board
- 5,000 Awesome Facts (About Everything!)
- Try Not To Laugh Challenge- Sassy Sassy Edition: A Hilarious And Interactive Joke Book For Girls
- ALEX Spa Hair Chalk salon
- 40" Spider Web Tree Swing Net Swing
- Girls' Barbie Short Sleeve T-Shirt
- Stink: The Super-Incredible Collection: Books 1-3
- Diary Of A Wimpy Kid #13: Meltdown
- The Judy Moody Uber-Awesome Collection: Books 1-9
- Diggin Active Dodge Tag
- Smartlab Toys Demolition Lab Triple Blast Warehouse
- Sleepover Party Mad Libs
- L.O.L Surprise! Glam Glitter Series Doll With 7 Surprises
- Learning Resources Botley The Coding Robot Activity Set
- Avengers Hero Inventor Kit
- MorfBoard Skate & Scoot Combo
- Twisty Petz Collectible Bracelet Set
- Barbie Career Of The Year Robotics Engineer Doll
- Nerf Battle Racer Ride-On Pedal Go-Kart
- Ravensburger GraviTrax Marble Run
- SmartLab Toys Girls Only! Secret Message Lab
- Nickelodeon Ultimate Slime Laboratory
- Glitter Flipper Beanie Boo
- Bunch O Balloons- Instant Water Balloons
- Echo Dot Kids Edition
Each day, your big kid is getting smarter — maybe even too smart; you can’t fool 8-year-olds like you can younger kiddos. Shucks! The good news is that kids at 8 are funny, as in, on purpose, and passionate about their interests. But the collections — oh, the collections! Opening their closet door is always an adventure!
Your 8-year-old is taking on so many new things, from sleepovers to joining clubs at school. They’re learning to fit in with their peers, which has its pros and cons. Pros: friends, parties, playdates! Cons: Your kiddo may be exposed to bad words (gasp!), and this is the time they’re figuring out right from wrong (and could dabble in some wrong).
Yes, your child is more capable at this age, and won’t need as much hovering from you. But they still need rules and reminders. “Wear a helmet!” “Wear shoes!” “Brush your teeth!” “No, brush your teeth today.” Being plugged into their world is important, both on and offline. Tough topics are ahead, like good and bad touching. Omg. Being a parent of an 8-year-old is as stressful as it is rewarding. We want to help ease the burden. Read on to learn about the hottest, newest toys and gifts for 8-year-olds. You’re welcome.
Each product we feature has been independently selected and reviewed by our editorial team. If you make a purchase using the links included, we may earn commission.