How to make a unicorn birthday cake with pink jellybeans and a sugar cone
- 1 (8-inch) round cake
- 1 (9-inch) square cake
- 1 pink jelly bean
- 1 white Jelly Belly Mint Creme
- 1 black round candy (Bridge mix)
- 1 sugar cone
- 2 Tbsp white coarse decorating sugar
- 4 each red yellow, orange, blue and green licorice twists (Twizzler Rainbow)
- 2 cups coarse pink decorating sugar, optional
What you’ll need:
- A serving platter
- A resealable sandwich-size plastic bag
Trimming the cakes:
- Trim the cakes and arrange on a serving platter as pictured in template.
Frosting the cake:
- Spoon ¼ cup of vanilla frosting into a resealable plastic bag. Set aside.
- Spread some of the remaining vanilla frosting over the cone in a thin layer. Sprinkle with the white sugar to coat.
- Spread the remaining vanilla frosting over the top and sides of cake and make smooth.
To complete the decoration:
- Press the pink jelly bean for the unicorn’s nostril.
- Snip a small corner from the bag with the vanilla frosting.
- Press the white Mint Creme onto the cake for the unicorn’s eye. Pipe a dot of vanilla frosting on top of the mint and place the black candy on top as the pupil. Pipe a white dot onto the black candy to add sparkle to the eye. Pipe a white eyebrow above the eye with the remaining vanilla frosting.
- Press the sugared cone, open end against the cake, as the horn.
- Cut the rainbow Twizzlers into thin strands, each about 3 to 4 inches long. Arrange the cut pieces down the back of the unicorn’s head and in between unicorn’s ears for its mane.