Roly Poly Stomboli
Try this recipe from our friends at Young Chefs Academy for your little picky-eater. This easy dinner idea is a great way to let kids get involved in preparing the meal from gathering ingredients to rolling out the pizza dough.
Read It, Place It, Create It!
Remind kids (and yourself) to read the instructions all the way through before getting started. Then get everything out and prepared – now you’re ready to cook!
- 1 can (13.8 oz.) refrigerated pizza crust dough
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce
- 6 oz. grilled chicken breasts, cut in strips
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 6 slices of Kraft Singles cheese
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Large baking sheet
- Pastry brush
Time to cook!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On prepared baking sheet, roll out pizza crust into an 11x10 inch rectangle. Spread BBQ sauce over the dough, leaving a 1 inch border around the edges of the dough.
- Top with chicken, onion, and cheese.
- Roll up dough, starting at short end, jelly-roll style. Fold ends under, and pinch seams to seal. Place seam side down. Coat top of roll with nonstick cooking spray and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Cut 3 slits (each 2 in. long) in top of roll to vent.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into equal portions to serve. Serves 4-6 people.