Stuffed Picnic Breads
Here is an easy, kid-friendly lunch idea from our friends at Young Chefs Academy that is great at home or on-the-go. Get the kids involved and let them gather the below items and help measure out the ingredients. They can also roll out the bread dough and sprinkle ingredients on top for a fun, hands-on cooking experience.
Read It, Place It, Create It!
Remind kids (and yourself) to read the instructions all the way through before getting started. Then get everything out and prepared – now you’re ready to cook!
- 1 loaf of frozen bread dough, at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp. spicy mustard
- 4 oz. baked ham, chopped
- 4-6 slices of Kraft Singles cheese
- ¼ cup crushed pineapple, well-drained
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Rolling pin
- Baking sheet
- Cooking spray
- Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Roll out bread dough into about 5x15-inch rectangle. Spread spicy mustard on dough with the back of a spoon. Sprinkle on ham and pineapple. Cover with cheese slices. Roll up longwise and press edges together well to seal.
- Let rise for 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until done. Makes one stuffed loaf.
Other versions for Stuffed Picnic Bread
- Horseradish Roast Beef - 4 oz. roast beef, 3 oz. pkg. cream cheese, 1 Tbsp. horseradish
- Creamy Spinach - ½ cup ricotta, ¼ cup spinach (thawed and well squeezed), 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese, pinch of nutmeg
- Pepperoni and Cheese - 1/3 cup marinara sauce, 3 oz. shredded cheese, 4 oz. pepperoni, black olives, onions and/or chopped green peppers