Laylee is a precious one, known around town for her sweetness, her big vocabulary, her dramatically unique clothing choices, and lately for her fetching photography skills.
For the past few weeks, we've let her run around with my digital camera documenting our carpet crumbs, her flared nostrils and the way my ankles look when I type. Looking at the images, you can only guess what she was thinking when she took them.
1. Why close the door when I could just take a picture of it? I'm sure the slugs appreciate the warm air from the heater.
2. I heart my nostrils.
3. Actual quote — "Aren't we so lucky to have screens on our windows?"
4. If I'm twice his age, why is he bigger and faster than me?
5. She so totally should have let me have a band-aid for this one. What? You can't see it? Tilt your head to the side and squint a bit.
6. Thanks to mom's creative housekeeping, everywhere I turn there's interesting stuff to capture.
7. In the background, you will see mom deep in thought at the computer! I must capture this rare and fascinating sight.
8. You think that's good? I can fit my whole fist in my mouth.
9. When you're looking for your keys, I probably won't remember that I put them at the foot of the stairs. Don't worry. You'll find them when you come downstairs in the middle of the night for a drink of chocolate milk...with the soft part of your left foot.
10. Luckily most members of the Doll family survived the pestilence of giant plastic Pringles.
11. OoooEEEE! That is one fine lookin' piece of man. He can be my daddy ANYtime. (Okay that was me not Laylee. I couldn't help myself. Mmm!)
12. My TURN PLEASE!!
13. Let me out of this backseat or so help me.
14. I like you too but that smile does not make up for 12 hours on the road. Fer real are we there yet?
15. Why are you guys reading that book for eleventy billion hours? I need a pedicure.
16. How come the basket of annoying toys is on the BOTTOM shelf?
17. I'll have to save THESE for later!
18. I'd rather have a puppy.
19. With the amount of time mom spends in here, it must be the most exciting place in our house.
20. Hey! Let's get the picture with the two of us together!
21. I thought I said I was saving those for later!
22. Hello, kitty.
23. On the computer twice in one week? I'm sensing a trend here.