You are here

The Hospital Blues Again

Now that my panicked first day back at the hospital is over, the reality of the situation is sinking in. The doctors won't let me go home this time. Since this was my second bleed, they say I can't chance having another one. My doctor has scheduled a c-section for 35 weeks (he doesn't want to risk waiting until 36 weeks, our previous goal). That means 17 more days here. I'm really not sure I can make it. While I don't want to do anything to compromise the health of the babies, I'm dying to go home.

To make things worse, I didn't get a window bed this time. So my entire days will be spent in a dark, green-curtained cocoon with no access to natural light, not to mention the air-conditioning controls.

comments