I know it’s the season of holiday cheer and I do have plenty of that, I swear. But today I feel like talking about the (admittedly insignificant) stuff that’s annoying me. And, since I don’t want to be a walking Grinch, I figured if I get these things off my chest, I can get back to spreading all that good Christmas joy. So here, in no particular order, is what’s irking me today:
1. The fact that I can’t get the Special Agent Oso song out of my head.
2. People who don’t respond to emails. Like, never, ever respond no matter how personal/urgent/nice the email may be. And I know they get them….
3. The fact that I officially no longer sleep at night. It is like a sick form of torture where I wake up every hour praying that it’s morning only to look at the clock and see that it’s, say, 11:45. Or 1 or 2 or 3 or 4. Oh and lately I’ve had that horrible Wham Christmas song in my head which completely prevents me from falling back to sleep.
4. I made a special trip to the post office last night for holiday stamps for my Christmas cards. When I got home and stamped them all, I realized I am about 25 short. Now I have to go back today -- with Alex in tow -- in 30 degree weather.
5. Our super-nice wicker bassinet arrived this morning and despite the fact that Nick and I talked about the color choice for about two weeks, he still said, "Oh, you got white not brown?" Now I have yet another thing to obsess about....
OK, your turn to vent. What’s bothering you today? I promise you’ll feel better once you share!