I'm about to take some vacation days and, like most moms I know, I can't imagine sitting on my butt for a week. So, I have some big plans for my little apartment.
If you're reading this, don't say I didn't warn you.
1. Our daughter's closet looks like a Babies R Us outlet mall. That's just wrong. Serious organizing and (still more) donating to come.
2. Our family desk has become a dead letter office. I couldn't find my checkbook the other day. Ridiculous!
3. I'm woman enough to admit that I own too many pairs of shoes. Each would be perfect for any number of special occasions – like the senior prom or the opera – but I'm willing to live without them and deal with my footwear needs on a case-by-case basis.
4. After years of obscurity, the mysterious collection of stuff on the top shelf of our hall closet is about to get exposed to sunlight. Call Geraldo!
5. This year, my books overflowed onto the floor. Provided we don't have a relative living on the top shelf of our hall closet, I'll store them there.
I swear on my last Christmas cookie: the only thing that could stop me from completing my mission is a raging stomach virus. Or a Mythbusters marathon. What about you? Any end-of-the-year makeover plans?
Wish me luck!