As a parent, most of us can’t help but feel a little sick when we hear about an accident involving children. And so it is with the tragic death of Mike Tyson’s 4-year-old daughter Exodus yesterday. No one is exactly sure what happened, but she somehow got her head stuck in a treadmill cord loop, which ended up strangling her. She passed away after several days on life support.
You can’t live your life in fear, but can you can educate yourself on potential dangers around your home. Today, read these three pieces on household safety, sweep your house for hazards – and then give your kids a big hug.Leading Childhood Acccidents – and How to Avoid Them
Avoiding Toy Hazards
The Anti-Choking Cheatsheet