Shop The Story
If you’re on the hunt for the coolest shoes for kids, we’ve got you and your little ones covered. Whether you’re looking for durable rain boots, sweet summertime sandals, cool crib shoes or the best running shoes for active kids, there’s something here for everyone. We’ve rounded up the best-reviewed, top-selling, and celeb-approved shoes for kids of all ages and with a range of personal styles.
There’s a shoe on our list to solve almost every parenting problem — machine-washable shoes for kids who can’t stay out of puddles, durable play sneakers for little ones who go hard on the jungle gym, Velcro-style closures for children who can’t tie laces yet, light-up tennis shoes that are surprisingly sophisticated, and infant-sized shoes that can’t be kicked off. It turns out the coolest shoes for kids are pretty great for parents, too!
Keep your babies, toddlers and big kids comfortable and stylish with this list of play-ready, kid-friendly and easy-to-clean shoes. We’ve included iconic sneaker styles, slip-on canvas shoes, sandals for toddlers, kid-sized combat boots and everything in-between. From Nike sneakers spotted on a slew of celebrity kids to rave-reviewed waterproof sandals that look like dress shoes, these are some of our favorite selections for 2020.
- Most Durable Kids Shoes: Plae Prospect
- Best with Velcro Closure: Saucony Jazz Riff
- Best Children’s Running Shoes: Nike Experience Flex Running Shoes
- Best Shoes for Toddlers: Liewood Bre Sandals
- Best Light-Up Shoes for Kids: Pop Shoes Fairmount Light Up Tie Dye Sneakers
- Best Sandals: Birkenstock Kids Arizona Sandal
- Best Waterproof Shoes: Native Jefferson Shoes
- Best Summer Shoes: Salt Water Sandals by Hoy
- Best Rain Boots: Hunter Rain Boots
- Best Sneakers: Nike Air Force 1 Kids
- Best Canvas Shoes: Converse Chuck Taylor Sneakers
- Best Boots: Dr. Martens
- Best Slip-On Shoes: Vans Classic Slip-On
- Best Machine-Washable Shoes: Sperry Abyss
- Best Crib Shoes: Adidas Superstar
Each product we feature has been independently selected and reviewed by our editorial team. If you make a purchase using the links included, we may earn commission.