Best Board Games for Kids of All Ages
by Samantha McIntyre
Shop The Story
It’s time to unplug! Get your kids to disconnect from all of those addictive digital devices in favor of some good old fashioned fun. Board games have been an entertaining go-to for decades, delivering some friendly competition between family and friends along with a whole lot of side-splitting laughter. With so many options to choose from, simply searching for the right game can be the biggest challenge. Parents simply can’t go wrong with timeless, classic board games like Candy Land and Monopoly that will never grow old or newer varieties like Yeti in My Spaghetti and the award-winning Ticket to Ride designed to challenge young minds and strengthen problem-solving skills.
- Best Family Classic Game: Hasbro Gaming Sorry!
- Best Overall: Days Of Wonder Ticket To Ride
- Best For Toddlers: Wonder Forge Richard Scarry’s Busytown, Eye Found It!
- Best For Young Kids: Chutes And Ladders
- Best For Older Kids: Gamewright Forbidden Island
- Best For The Whole Family: Goliath Googly Eyes Game
- Best Educational Board Game: ThinkFun Rush Hour Traffic Jam Logic Game
- Best Silly Board Game: PlayMonster Yeti In My Spaghetti
- Best Disney Board Game: Hasbro Gaming Candy Land Game: Disney Princess Edition
- Best Word Board Game: Scrabble
- Best Mystery Board Game: Gamewright Outfoxed! Whodunit Board Game
These fun board games are not only perfect for a rad indoor rainy day activity, but they are also a great teaching tool for boosting team-building skills and encouraging collaboration and creativity. Little ones will develop social skills as they learn to play well with others while big kids can put their super-smart strategic minds to the test by trying to defeat their opponents. There is something suitable for all age ranges on this list, but when choosing the best board game, it’s beneficial to consider the skill levels of the players, especially for little ones, to ensure that they can understand the rules and enjoy the game.
Mom and dad can bring back many wonderful childhood memories while playing with their kids as they try hard to beat your socks off. May the best player win!
Each product we feature has been independently selected and reviewed by our editorial team. If you make a purchase using the links included, we may earn commission.