The holiday season is all about spending time with family, so what better way to cozy up indoors than to make Christmas crafts together. You can make cute DIY electric tea light snowman ornaments to give away as gifts or hang on your own tree. This is how you do it:
- Electric tea lights
- Card stock in two or three colors
- Thin ribbon
- Hot glue gun and glue
- Hole puncher
- 1 ½" circle craft puncher
- Mini pom poms
- Step 1: Cut a 15" strip of the ribbon.
- Step 2: Securely tie the ribbon strip around your tea light. Tie the excess ribbon into a loop.
- Step 3: To create the hat, punch two 1 ½" circles out of two different colors of card stock, and then cut the circles in half. Keep one half of each circle, and place the second halves to the side.
- Step 4: With your scissors, cut a thin strip closest to the straight edge from one of the halves. Line the strip up on top of the other half circle and glue in place.
- Step 5: Hot glue a mini pom pom on the top of the "hat" you just created.
- Step 6: Hot glue the hat to the top of the electric tea light, leaving enough space for the face.
- Step 7: Punch tiny holes out of card stock for the eyes and mouth.
- Step 8: Hot glue the eyes and mouth in place on the tea light.
- Step 9: Hot glue one mini pom pom on each side of the snowman's head, just below the hat.
- Step 10: Turn the light on and hang the ornament on your tree.