Prep time: 2 minutes
Cook time: 4 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Tip: You can substitute 3 Tbs refrigerated pesto sauce for garlic, lemon juice, and butter.
- 1 lb shelled and deveined large shrimp (thawed if frozen)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp jarred chopped garlic
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp butter
- Two 8.8-oz packages microwavable rice
1. Rinse shrimp and pat dry with paper towel.
2. Heat oil in skillet, add shrimp, and let cook over medium heat for a minute or two until the underside turns pink. Turn shrimp over and cook an additional minute.
3. Add garlic and lemon juice, and heat through.
4. Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions. Serve 1 cup rice with a quarter of the shrimp.
Per serving: 321 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated), 193 mg sodium, 171 mg cholesterol