Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake: 40 to 45 minutes
Yield: 16 servings
* 1 brie wheel (about 8 oz)
* 1 round loaf of bread (about 1 lb)
* 1/4 cup pecan or walnut halves
* 1/2 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
* Crackers, apple and pear slices
1. Preheat oven to 375¿F. Remove outer wrapping from cheese, but leave on the rind.
2. Slice off top third of bread with a sharp serrated knife. Gently pull out inside of bread to cradle the brie, and cut into cubes for dipping. Place brie in hollowed-out bread. Cut a few slits in top of cheese, and spread cranberry sauce over the top and sprinkle with nuts.
3. Wrap bread loosely in foil, and place on cookie sheet. Bake for 40 minutes or until cheese is melted and gooey. Serve with crackers, pear and apple slices, cubes of bread, and toothpicks to dip them with.
How kids can help Carefully pull out inside of bread; spread cranberry sauce over cheese; sprinkle with nuts.
Per Serving: 110 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated), 174 mg sodium, 14 mg cholesterol