Prep time: 12 Minutes
Cook time: 20 Minutes
Serves: About 8 Servings
Nonstick cooking spray
20-oz package of meat, cheese, or spinach ravioli
1 1/2 Tbs canola oil or olive oil
1 cup plain bread crumbs
1 tsp parsley flakes
1 1/2 tsp oregano flakes
1/2 to 1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
1 cup prepared marinara sauce
Sprinkle bread-crumb mixture over ravioli; arrange in baking dish.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Drop ravioli into 2 quarts of boiling water and continue to boil gently for another 6 to 8 minutes, or until just tender.
3. Drain ravioli and lay it on paper towels; pat dry.
4. Transfer ravioli to a large bowl. Drizzle the canola or olive oil over it and toss gently but thoroughly to coat well.
5. In a medium bowl, stir together bread crumbs, parsley, oregano, salt, garlic powder, pepper, and parmesan cheese until well blended. Sprinkle the mixture over ravioli and gently toss until coated.
6. Add ravioli to prepared baking dish in a single layer. Bake uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes, or until lightly browned and crispy. Cool slightly; serve with warm marinara sauce for dipping.
PER SERVING (6 ravioli): 248 calories, 11 g fat (4.3 g saturated), 731 mg sodium, 57 mg cholesterol. A good source of lycopene, which may reduce the risk of cancer.