This banana berry popsicle recipe is a great way to sneak a serving of fruit (and a carrot) into a little one's diet, and even the littlest helpers in the kitchen will be able to assist in whipping up a batch of these delicious frozen treats.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Serving size: 4
1/4 cup blueberries
1/4 cup strawberries, chopped
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon honey
1 large carrot
4 three-ounce paper cups
- Peel and cut the large carrot into four smaller carrot sticks that are approximately 6 inches long and about 1/2 inch wide.
- In a small mixing bowl, mash the banana with a fork, so it's almost the consistency of paste.
- Add the yogurt, strawberries, blueberries and honey to the banana mixture and mix well.
- Pour the banana-berry mixture evenly into the four paper cups, filling them to the top. Place a carrot stick vertically in the center of each cup to make a handle.
- Place cups on a tray and put them in the freezer for 2 hours.
- When the treats are thoroughly frozen, remove them from the paper cups and enjoy!