|Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook: 8-10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup wheat germ
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 Tbs baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 ripe banana, peeled and mashed
- 3 Tbs maple syrup
- 1Tbs canola oil, plus more for the skillet
- In a large bowl, stir flour, wheat germ, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Add milk, mashed banana, maple syrup, and 1 tablespoon canola oil and whisk thoroughly.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Lightly grease with canola oil. Pour 1/4 cup batter per pancake. Flip with spatula when tops bubble and edges look slightly dry. Cook until the other side is golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Use a cookie cutter to press out pancakes in any shape your kids like.
|How kids can help: Measure ingredients..|
Per serving: 422 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated), 365 mg sodium, 119 mg cholesterol.