Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
1 1/3 cups instant rice
1 1/3 cups water
10-oz package precooked and seasoned beef strips (e.g., Tyson Fully Cooked Seasoned Beef Strips)
16 oz-package frozen pepper medley
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spritz center of 4 foil sheets with cooking spray. Combine rice with water; spoon equal amounts onto each foil sheet. (Make a temporary lip around the edges to contain water, if necessary.)
2. Layer 1/4 of beef over rice; top with 1/4 of peppers.
3. Seal packages; place on foil-lined baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until beef is cooked through and rice is tender.
How kids can help: Measure ingredients; mix rice and water; assemble packages.
Per serving: 257 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated), 444 mg sodium, 46 mg cholesterol.
How to make foil packets
* Use a 12 by 18-inch piece of heavy-duty foil. (If you only have regular foil, double the layers.)
* Place food in center of foil; bring two sides to center and fold them over twice, then fold ends in twice to seal package, allowing room for heat circulation and expansion.
* Place packets seam side up on baking pan (in case of of leaks).
* After cooking, cut slits into packet tops to release steam before opening.