Make it for kids, then tweak it for adults — and everybody’s happy!
PREP: 10 minutes
BAKE: 35 minutes
YIELD: Sixteen 1 1?2-inch square brownies (8 kids’, 8 adults’)
* 3?4 cup all-purpose flour
* 3?4 tsp baking powder
* 1?2 tsp salt
* 6 Tbs butter
* 3 oz dark chocolate, finely chopped
* 3?4 cup granulated sugar
* 5.3-oz container Greek-style fat-free yogurt, such as Fage
* 1?2 tsp vanilla extract
* 1?3 cup dried cherries
* 1?3 cup chopped pecans
1. Heat oven to 325°F. Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
2. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and chocolate for 45 seconds. Stir and cook 30 seconds more, or until smooth.
3. Slowly whisk in sugar. Cool slightly. Add yogurt, 1?4 cup at a time, whisking as you go. Stir in vanilla. Fold in half of flour mixture. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and fold in other half.
4. Pour batter into an ungreased 8-inch baking pan. For adults: Sprinkle cherries and pecans over half. Bake 35 minutes. Cool completely, in pan, before cutting (about two hours).
HOW KIDS CAN HELP: Measure and whisk ingredients; spread batter into pan; sprinkle dried cherries and pecans.
PER SERVING: kids 128 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated), 94 mg sodium, 12 mg cholesterol; adults 155 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated), 94 mg sodium, 12 mg cholesterol