Prep time: 10 Minutes
Cook time: 6 to 8 Minutes
Serves: 8 Wraps
2 tsp light soy sauce
4 tsp chicken broth
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tsp cornstarch
2 large (or 3 small) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 tsp canola oil
4 large garlic cloves, chopped
1 Tbs finely chopped fresh ginger
3 whole scallions, chopped
1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
1/2 cup finely chopped celery
2 Tbs hoisin sauce
2 Tbs plum sauce
8 large leaves iceberg lettuce, rinsed and dried well
1/2 cup crunchy chow mein noodles (canned)
Measure soy sauce, broth, sesame oil, and cornstarch.
1. Mix soy sauce, broth, sesame oil, and cornstarch in a 2-cup measure.
2. Place chicken breasts in a food processor. Drizzle the marinade over the top and process mixture until the chicken is ground, or finely chop it. Spoon mixture into a small bowl, cover, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
3. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add canola oil, garlic, and ginger and cook about 10 seconds. Add the chicken mixture, breaking lumps into small pieces with a spatula until chicken is cooked thoroughly, about 6 minutes.
4. Add chopped scallions, carrot, and celery; cook, tossing with the spatula, for 1 minute, or until tender. Stir in hoisin and plum sauces; toss.
5. Spoon chicken mixture into each lettuce leaf and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the chow mein noodles; wrap the leaf around to make a pouch.
PER SERVING (1 wrap): 113 calories, 3 g fat (0.5 g saturated), 26 mg sodium, 190 mg cholesterol. High in vitamin A.