These cookies packed with chocolate and banana chips were a finalist in our 2008 Cookie Bake-Off Bonanza
Yield: 48 Cookies
1 ¼ cups dried banana chips
1 cup chocolate covered almonds
1 cup peanut butter chips
1 stick (½ cup) unsalted butter
1 cup white sugar
½ cup packed light brown sugar
3 eggs, beaten
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
½ cup milk chocolate chips
½ cup toffee baking chips
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a large cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
2. Place banana chips and chocolate covered almonds in a large zip-lock plastic bag. Using a mallet or heavy can, pound bag until pieces appear coarsely chopped, set aside.
3. Combine peanut butter chips and butter in a large microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute and stir until smooth. If necessary, return to microwave for 15 second intervals until melted. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
4. Add sugars to bowl and mix well with a wooden spoon. Add the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix well until thoroughly combined.
5. Add the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir to combine. Stir in banana chips and almonds until just combined. Fold in the milk chocolate and toffee baking chips until just combined.
6. Drop by tablespoon onto cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden-brown. Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes and transfer to rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
Submitted by Amy Siegel