These nutty, sugar dusted cookies were a finalist in our 2008 Cookie Bake-Off Bonanza
Yield: 24 cookies
2 cups toasted walnuts
1 cup powdered sugar
1/8 tsp grated nutmeg
1 tsp high-quality vanilla extract
1 tbsp powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Grind toasted walnuts in a food processor until they resemble peanut butter.
3. Add egg, powdered sugar, nutmeg and vanilla.
4. Process until thoroughly blended.
5. Let mix stand for about 2 minutes. It will firm up some.
6. Using a tablespoon, place rounded balls of dough on an ungreased cookie sheet.
7. Bake for about 20 minutes or until light golden brown.
8. Remove from oven and let stand on cookie sheet for 5 minutes. Cookies will appear puffed, but will flatten upon standing.
9. Remove to cookie rack and place rack over cookie sheet. Sprinkle tops of cookies with 1 tbsp powdered sugar. Let cool thoroughly.
Submitted by Tamara Rossitto