A blend of sweet and savory, this was a big hit with our kid testers.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: about 40 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
To make ahead: Assemble, cover, and refrigerate the day before. Bake just before serving.
* 4 tbs unsalted butter, plus more for the pan
* 1 medium onion, finely chopped (about 1 1/4 cups)
* 3 celery stalks, finely chopped (about 1 1/4 cups)
* 1/4 cup dry white wine or low-sodium chicken broth
* 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
* 16-oz package cornbread stuffing mix
* 3/4 cup dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9 x 13-inch baking dish; set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a large pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and celery and cook, stirring, until softened, about 8 minutes. Add white wine and cook until liquid is almost evaporated, about 1 minute. Add broth and heat through, 2 minutes.
3. Pour onion mixture over stuffing mix, add cranberries, and gently toss to combine. Transfer stuffing mixture to the prepared baking dish and bake until crusty and golden on top, about 30 minutes.
How kids can help: Measure ingredients; butter baking dish.
Per serving: 309 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated), 1,160 mg sodium, 16 mg cholesterol.