Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
- 1/2 onion, very finely chopped
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 tbs butter
1. In a large bowl, stir together the chopped onion, mashed potatoes, salt and pepper. Measure the flour onto a shallow plate.
2. With your hands, mold the mixture into 6 patties (using about 1/2 cup for each). Dredge the patties in flour and set aside.
3. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Cook the potato cakes in the melted butter, about 2 minutes per side, flipping once. When cakes are golden brown on the outside and heated through, remove from the pan and keep warm until serving time.
How kids can help: Measure ingredients, mold potato mixture into patties; dredge patties in flour.
Per serving (1 potato cake): 124 calories, 4.8 g fat (2.8 g saturated), 570 mg sodium, 12 mg cholesterol.