The tasty combination of spinach and green onions adds a healthful bonus to this dish. Baby won't even know you snuck in some veggies!
Prep time: none
Cook time: none
Serves: 6 to 8 servings
- 1 lb. box penne or ziti
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 lb. low-fat ricotta
- 1 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella
- 1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar
- 1 cup grated parmesan, divided in half
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh dill
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/8 cup chopped parsley
1. Preheat oven to 350º F. Prepare pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, warm olive oil in heated pan. Add green onions and saute. Add spinach and wilt down. Set aside.
2. Combine eggs, first three cheeses, 1/2 cup parmesan and dill. Mix thoroughly. Add spinach mixture. Fold in cooked pasta. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Coat 9" x 13" pan with nonstick cooking spray. Spread pasta mixture in pan. Stir remaining 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs and parsley together and sprinkle over pasta-cheese mixture. Bake for 30 minutes.none