A four-ingredient recipe from The Ultimate Cake Mix Cookie Book yields gourmet cookies that look like they took hours to make
Makes 5 1/2 dozen cookies
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 cups sweetened flake coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix the cake mix, ice cream, and vanilla in a large bowl with wooden spoon until blended. Mix in the coconut.
2. Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto ungreased cookie sheets or cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.
3. Bake 10 to 13 minutes or until set at edges and just barely set at center when lightly touched. Cool 1 minute on sheets, then remove cookies with spatula to wire racks to cool completely.
Variations for Ice Cream Macaroons
Triple-Chocolate Ice Cream Macaroons: Prepare as directed but use a devil’s food cake mix, chocolate ice cream, and add 1 (12-ounce bag) miniature semisweet chocolate chips. Omit the vanilla.
Strawberry Ice Cream Macaroons: Prepare as directed but use a strawberry cake mix and strawberry ice cream. Omit the vanilla.
© Sourcebooks, Inc. The Ultimate Cake Mix Cookie Book by Camilla Saulsbury