Yum! Go beyond maple syrup with these fun and creative waffle recipes and ideas kids will love.
Pop waffles in the toaster and set out a toppings bar. Or sprinkle a toasted waffle with cinnamon-sugar and top with mini-marshmallows and chocolate chips. Place under the broiler until the marshmallows are lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes.
Tip: Ran out of sandwich bread? No prob—just use waffles instead!
- Apples & Cheddar: Spread two toasted waffles with apple butter. Fill sandwich with cheddar cheese slices and thin apple slices.
- Hummus & Veggies: Spread hummus on two toasted waffles. Fill sandwich with shredded carrots, cucumber slices and quartered cherry tomatoes.
- The New PB&J: Spread two toasted waffles with almond butter. Fill sandwich with your kid's fave berries.
Get the whole family together with these bruch recipes.
Tired of cutting waffles into bite-size pieces? Let your kids eat them off a stick! Here, we used the Babycakes Waffle Maker ($25; kohls.com) to make these heart-shaped waffles. Perfect for Sunday brunch!
Tip: Make a big batch of waffles and freeze them. Pop ’em in the toaster just like store-bought ones.
Mix-n-Match! Is your waffle mix in dire need of a makeover? Blend in one—or two or three!—of these flavor-boosting ingredients.
- Colored sprinkles
- Puréed fruits and veggies (try raspberries or sweet potatoes)
- Canned pumpkin, ginger and cinnamon
- Melted chocolate chips
- Peanut butter
- Chopped pineapple and coconut flakes
- Dried cranberries and orange juice