These fun-to-eat carrot croquettes are a healthy food option for a snack or packed lunch.
- 2 ½ cups steamed carrots
- ½ egg white, from 1 egg
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp sugar
- dash of salt
- dash of pepper
- dash of cumin
- dash of garlic powder
- dash of all spice
- Bread crumbs for coating
- Parsley sprigs for garnish
What to Do:
- Mix all ingredients, except bread crumbs reserved for coating.
- Shape mixture into cone-shaped carrots, packing mixture together well.
- Gently roll in bread crumbs and set on a platter.
- Spray skillet with non-stick spray or use about a teaspoon of olive oil in pan. Over medium heat, fry croquettes until golden brown, turning once, about 3 minutes per side.
- Arrange on platter, adding a sprig of parsley for carrot tops.
For more great recipes, check out ziggityzoom.com