These are great for breakfast or as an afternoon snack
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 20 to 25 minutes
Yield: 16 muffins
- Paper cupcake liners
- 3 cups flour
- 1 Tbs baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (about 2 medium zucchini)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and place paper liners in muffin tins.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg.
3. In a medium bowl, beat eggs with an electric mixer for 1 minute. Beat in the milk, oil and sugar. Stir in the zucchini until well blended. Add the flour mixture to batter a little at a time and stir to mix—it should be a little lumpy. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tins. Sprinkle each muffin with 1/4 teaspoon sugar.
4. Bake for 20 minutes or until the muffin tops are golden brown and spring back when you touch them. Remove from tins and cool on a rack.
How kids can help: Put paper liners in muffin tins; measure ingredients; sprinkle sugar on muffins.
Per serving: 194 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated), 142 mg sodium, 24 mg cholesterol.