Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 15 minutes
Yield: 9 turnovers
3/4 cup chopped broccoli
1 cup diced deli ham (about 6 oz)
3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
12 to 14-oz package refrigerated pizza dough
3 Tbs flour
2 Tbs low-fat milk
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and coat foil with cooking spray.
2. In a bowl, toss the broccoli, ham, and cheese.
3. Dust a large cutting board with the flour. Unroll dough and place on board. Roll it into a 12-inch square and cut into 9 squares. Spoon about 1/4 to 1/3 cup of filling onto each square.
4. Using your fingers, moisten the edges of the dough with water, then fold the dough over to enclose the filling, triangle-style. Seal the edges firmly with a fork, and prick a few holes in the top of each turnover.
5. Place turnovers on prepared baking sheet. Brush each with a little milk. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, until golden brown.
How kids can help: Roll out pizza dough with a rolling pin; brush turnovers with milk.
Per serving: 177 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated), 590 mg sodium, 14 mg cholesterol.