Split down the middle, this homemade pizza recipe will satisfy kids and adults
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 store-bought whole grain pizza crust
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 3 or 4 button or Baby Bella mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 5 or 6 1-inch slices fresh mozzarella cheese
- 4 or 5 olives, sliced
- 6 ounces store-bought pesto
- ¼ cup jarred roasted red peppers
- Shredded parmesan cheese (optional)
- Dried basil, oregano and dried hot pepper flakes (to taste)
- Spread tomato sauce evenly over one half of crust, and pesto over the other.
- Arrange mushroom slices on top of entire pizza.
- Top tomato-sauce half with shredded mozzarella.
- Top pesto half with fresh mozzarella, olives and roasted red peppers, leaving small spaces between the ingredients.
- Sprinkle parmesan and seasoning/dried oregano and basil over entire pizza. Sprinkle hot pepper flakes sparingly over pesto half.
- Bake pizza according to directions on crust package (usually about ten minutes at 400 degrees).
- Slice and serve!