Honey Ham and Cheese Sandwiches
by Kathy Gunst
Make everyday mornings special with this quick-prep breakfast
Prep: 2 minutes
Bake: about 6 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
- 2 Tbs grated cheese—cheddar or your favorite
- 2 slices bread (white, wheat or raisin)
- 1 thin slice cooked deli ham
- 2 tsp unsalted butter
- 1 Tbs honey
1. Sprinkle grated cheese on one slice of bread and top with ham. Top with second slice of bread.
2. In a small skillet, melt half the butter over medium heat. Add the sandwich and cook about 3 minutes, pressing down with a spatula. Flip sandwich and add remaining butter to the skillet. Cook another 2 minutes.
3. Drizzle sandwich with half the honey and let cook another minute, flipping one more time to coat other side of the bread with the remaining honey. Cut into quarters.
How kids can help: Place grated cheese on bread and top with ham; cut into quarters with plastic knife.
Per serving: 331 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated), 525 mg sodium, 42 mg cholesterol