Here's a step-by-step photo guide to making a sealed sandwich to be used in our 20 easy bento box lunch ideas.
1. Put a glass, jar or biscuit cutter on piece bread (open side down) but don't put pressure on it yet.
2. Cut the bread about 1/4 inch from the glass.
3. Gently tear away the crusts, leaving the bread and border. Use the crusts to make a delicious snack.
4. Do the same on the other piece of bread.
5. Put the sandwich filling onto the bread. (Here egg and mayo is used, but you can put in anything: peanut butter and jelly, tuna salad, ham and cheese, pasta—anything your kid likes).
6. Cover it with the other slice of bread.
7. Gently put pressure on the glass to seal the two halves together. (Don't put too much pressure, or it'll cut the bread!)
9. Slice open the sealed bento to serve immediately or leave whole and decorate for a bento lunch box.