Here’s a step-by-step photo guide to making rusks to be used in our 20 easy bento box lunch ideas.
Ingredients for the rusks:
– Crust (or left over bread) from 6 pieces of bread
– 5 tablespoons margarine
– 3 tablespoons sugar
Pre-heat the oven at 300 degrees F.
1. Melt the margarine, either in a pan on the stove top or in a bowl in the microwave.
2. Dump the bread crusts into melted margarine and mix well.
3. Pour the sugar over the bread crusts and mix it well.
4. Spread the crusts onto a baking pan (line it with aluminum foil for easy clean-up), and bake it on the bottom shelf for 20-25 minutes.
You can adjust the measurements any way you like. As long as there's enough margarine, the measurements are flexible. Try adding a dash of cinnamon once the rusks come out of the oven, too.