Kids will love getting their veggies with this fun-to-eat crudite platter.
- Slaw mix
- Cherry tomatoes
- Snap peas
What to Do:
Make Bunny eggs as explained below. Arrange a scene on plate, using greens to make grass and hills. Use snap peas or celery sticks for tree trunks and add cherry tomatoes for tree tops. Add other assorted veggies for your scene. Add Bunny eggs to finish.
- Hardboiled eggs
- Carrots for ears
- Snap peas for nose
- Cabbage for tail
- Cheese for eyes
What to Do:
- Hardboil eggs and let cool. Remove shells.
- If your bunnies will not be presented in an egg dish, then cut a very thin slice from the bottom of the egg (lengthwise) so egg will not roll around.
- Cut thin carrot slices and shape into rabbit ears with a knife, making sure one end is very pointy. Insert pointy ends into egg for ears. Cut off tip of snap pea for nose. Push the pointed end into the front end of the egg. Make a small round tail from a white piece of cabbage, once again making a pointed end to push into the back of the egg.
- For eyes, cut two small little circles, using a small straw as a cutter, from your slice of cheese. Make sure the egg is not wet when you set the cheese eyes in place or they may slide out of place.
- Other veggies may be substituted for the nose and tail.
For more great recipes, check out ziggityzoom.com