Prep: 10 minutes
Bake: 10 minutes
Yield: 16 sandwich cookies
* 18-oz tube refrigerated sugar cookie dough
* 1/2 cup raspberry jam
* Confectioners’ sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Slice cookies about 1/4-inch thick. Place about an inch apart on baking sheets.
3. Bake cookies about 10 minutes, rotating pans from top to bottom and from front to back once. When cookies are set and golden on bottom, remove from oven. While cookies are still warm, cut a center hole in half of them with a 1- to 1 1/2-inch bottle cap.
4. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets. Sprinkle cutout cookies with confectioners’ sugar. Spread 1 teaspoon jam on whole cookies and top with cutout cookies.
How kids can help: Help measure jam; spread jam on cookies.