- 1/4 lb. unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 4 oz. unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 oz. marshmallows, cut into 1/4-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped toasted pecans (see note below)
- 6 oz. peanut-butter chips
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch-square foil pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a double boiler over hot, not simmering, water, melt butter and chocolate together. Stir occasionally until smooth.
3. In a medium bowl, beat eggs with salt until foamy. Add sugar gradually, beating until mixture is light in color, about 3 minutes. Add vanilla and chocolate, beating until smooth.
4. Add flour, beating only to combine. Stir in marshmallows, pecans, and half peanut-butter chips. Transfer batter into pan; sprinkle with remaining chips. Bake for exactly 28 minutes.
5. Cool brownies in pan on a rack. Refrigerate for several hours before cutting into bite-sized pieces. Makes 20 brownies.
Note: Toast pecans in a baking dish for 6 minutes while oven is preheating.
Serves: 28 brownies