Stuck on what to pack in your kid's school lunch? We've got a whole month of easy, healthy lunch ideas that'll keep them bringing home an empty lunchbox
Sandwich Fingers: Cut your kid's favorite sandwich lengthwise into 4 sticks.
Combine roasted red-pepper hummus, tuna and bagged coleslaw. Spoon into a mini-whole-wheat pita.
Tortellini Kebabs Thread tortellini, cherry tomatoes and mozzarella balls on a skewer. (Best for kids over 4!)
Pile guacamole, pepper jack cheese, tomato and sliced deli turkey on a toasted English muffin.
Cover 2 toasted whole-wheat bagel thins with veggie cream cheese. Top with cucumber slices.
Spread pesto on 2 slices of toasted sourdough bread. Top with slices of fresh mozzarella, bacon, sliced tomato and lettuce.
Split a corn muffin in half. Cover cut sides with honey mustard. Top with sliced deli ham, lettuce and gruyère cheese.
Sandwich sliced strawberries and bananas between 2 pieces of whole-wheat bread covered with Nutella.
Top 2 blueberry bagel thins with cream cheese, sliced turkey and avocado.
Wrap monterey jack cheese, black beans, salsa and avocado in a whole-wheat tortilla.
PB & Banana S'mores Stack graham crackers with peanut butter and banana slices.
Toss together shredded chicken and carrots, crunchy Asian noodles and peanut dressing. Spoon into a mini-whole-wheat pita.
Italian Sub Add mustard to half of a demi baguette. Top with provolone cheese, salami and roasted red peppers.
BLT Wrap Roll bacon, sliced tomatoes, lettuce and ranch dressing in a spinach tortilla, and cut crosswise.
Layer sliced deli chicken, swiss cheese and pesto on a spinach tortilla. Roll up, and cut crosswise into slices.
Cover flatbread or 2 slices of toasted sourdough bread with edamame hummus. Top with sliced red peppers.
Tea Sandwiches Spread cranberry sauce on cinnamon bread. Top with Brie.
Fill a pita with deli turkey, strawberry cream cheese and baby spinach.
Out of bread? No biggie. Here are five kid-friendly breadless wonders.
- Fill a Bibb lettuce leaf with sliced turkey or leftover chicken, sliced carrots and chopped peanuts.
- Thread quartered grape tomatoes, leftover meat (like chicken), lettuce and bacon pieces on a skewer (snip off pointy end). Serve with their fave salad dressing for dipping.
- Stuff a taco shell with your choice of black beans, corn kernels, chopped tomatoes, shredded cheese, a splash of lime and salt.
- Smear cream cheese on a breadstick, or a thick cucumber strip, and wrap with sliced deli ham or turkey.
- Fill celery stalks with veggie cream cheese and chunks of tuna. (Best for kids over 4.)