Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 9 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
* 1 Tbs butter
* 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
* 4 Tbs olive oil
* 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
* 1 large head broccoli, cut into florets, stems peeled
* 1/4 cup chicken broth
* 3/4 tsp salt, or to taste
1. In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Stir in the chopped walnuts. Continue stirring and cook for 2 minutes, or until golden brown. Set aside.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil for 30 seconds. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the broccoli and cook for 3 minutes.
3. Add the broth to the skillet, cover, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until broccoli is tender but still crisp. Sprinkle with salt.
4. Toss broccoli with the walnuts.
How kids can help Measure ingredients; add walnuts to broccoli
Per serving: 154 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated), 315 mg sodium, 5 mg cholesterol