These fruity muffins are packed with kid-friendly fruits and fruit juice and make a yummy, healthy breakfast or snack.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Makes: 12 servings
Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Cooking spray
- 1 navel orange, cut into eighths
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Coat a standard-size 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Put the orange wedges, orange juice, egg and oil into a blender and blend until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; whisk to incorporate. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients; pour the orange mixture into it and stir to make a thick batter. Stir in the cranberries.
- Divide the mixture among the muffin tins, filling the tins about 3/4 full, and bake until the muffins are golden and push back when gently pressed, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool on a rack and enjoy warm or toasted.
Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories 175, Carbs 31g, Fiber 1g, Protein 2g, Total Fat 5g, Saturated Fat 0g
From Allison Fishman's You Can Trust a Skinny Cook