An easy, cheesy breadstick recipe that kids will love.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Makes: 12 servings
Serving size: 2 straws
- Small scattering of flour
- 1 8 1/2-ounce sheet puff pastry, defrosted
- 1 large egg yolk, beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Cover two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, unfold the puff pastry. Flour the side facing you and use a rolling pin to roll it to a 12-inch square. Brush the puff with egg mixture (you’ll probably use less than half of what you’ve got, but that’s fine).
- Sprinkle the cheese and paprika evenly over the puff. Press the toppings gently but firmly into the puff to help them adhere.
- Slice the puff into twenty-four 1/2-inch strips. Divide the strips between the prepared baking sheets, seasoned side up. Twist the strips twice, clockwise at the top and counterclockwise at the bottom, so that you’ve got one long spiral. Put the baking sheets in the oven and cook until the twists have puffed and are golden brown, about 18 minutes. Let cool and serve.
Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories 97, Carbs 7g, Fiber 0g, Protein 3g, Total Fat 6g, Saturated Fat 3g
From Allison Fishman's You Can Trust a Skinny Cook