Prep time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 8 to 10 minutes
Yield: 3 dozen
* 1 1/4 cups flour
* 3/4 tsp baking soda
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
* 1/2 cup peanut butter
* 1/2 cup granulated sugar
* 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
* 1 egg
* 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
* 36 chocolate kisses
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Whisk flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
2. In a large bowl, beat the butter at medium speed 30 seconds. Add peanut butter and both sugars; beat 2 minutes, until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla; beat well. Slowly add the flour mixture; beat to combine.
3. Roll dough into 1-inch balls; place 2 inches apart on baking sheets. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, just until edges start to brown.
4. Remove cookies from oven and press a chocolate kiss into each. Cool on wire racks 15 minutes.
How kids can help: Measure ingredients; roll dough into balls.
Per cookie: 108 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated), 66 mg sodium, 14 mg cholesterol.
36 chocolate kisses
From the pantry: