Amazing peanut butter cupcakes topped with chocolate, plus see more great cupcake recipes for kids.
MAKES: 28 cupcakes
PREP TIME: 50 Minutes
START TO FINISH: 1 Hour 50 Minutes
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 jar (7 oz) marshmallow creme
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups milk chocolate chips (18 oz)
- 6 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place paper baking cups in 28 regular-size muffin cups. In medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat 1 cup butter and the granulated sugar with electric mixer on medium speed about 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in 2 teaspoons vanilla. On low speed, alternately add flour mixture, about 1/3 of mixture at a time, and milk, about 1/2 at a time, beating just until blended. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake 20 to 24 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pans; place on cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In large bowl, beat 1 1/2 cups butter and the peanut butter with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in marshmallow creme. On low speed, gradually add powdered sugar until blended. Add 2 teaspoons vanilla; beat 3 minutes longer.
- Spoon frosting into decorating bag fitted with large round tip. On top of each cupcake, pipe frosting in circles making cone shape with peak in center. Refrigerate cupcakes at least 45 minutes to harden frosting before dipping in chocolate coating.
- In 1 1/2-quart saucepan, heat chocolate chips and oil over low heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth. Dip cone-shaped frosting on each cupcake into chocolate coating to coat frosting completely, letting excess chocolate drip off. Refrigerate to set coating, about 5 minutes.
Sweet Success Tip:
For the chocolate coating, you can use dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips, if you like.
1 Serving (1 Cupcake):
Calories 560 (Calories from Fat 290),Total Fat 33g (Saturated Fat 16g,Trans Fat 1/2g), Cholesterol 80mg; Sodium 310mg; Total Carbohydrate 58g (Dietary Fiber 1g,Sugars 43g), Protein 7g; Percent Daily Value*:Calcium ; Exchanges: 1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 3 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 5 1/2 Fat;Carbohydrate Choices: 4;*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.