Food & Recipes
Perfect Cake Mix Brownies
Makes 2 dozen squares
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup whole or lowfat milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan. Mix the cake mix, butter, brown sugar, milk, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl with a wooden spoon until blended. Stir in the chocolate chips. Spread in pan with moistened fingers.
2. Bake 33 to 38 minutes or until edges are set. Remove brownies from the oven while they are still slightly moist at the center. They will continue to firm up as they cool. Transfer to wire rack and cool completely. Cut into bars.
© Sourcebooks, Inc. The Ultimate Cake Mix Cookie Book by Camilla Saulsbury