Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (about 6) baby carrots, sliced thin
- 1 (14-oz) can low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (9-oz) package refrigerated cheese-filled ravioli
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 4 Tbs grated parmesan cheese, optional
1. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat for 1 minute. Add pepper and carrots and saut? for 5 minutes, or until tender. Remove vegetables from the skillet and set aside.
2. Pour broth into the skillet. Add ravioli and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low, then cover and simmer for 5 minutes, or until ravioli are cooked. Using a large spoon, remove about 1/4 cup of the broth and discard. Return vegetables to the pan and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in pesto sauce. Top with grated parmesan before serving, if desired.
How kids can help: Slice bell pepper with plastic knife; measure ingredients; stir pesto into ravioli; add parmesan to the dish before serving.
Per serving: (1 cup): 310 calories, 20 g fat (6 g saturated), 618 mg sodium, 35 mg cholesterol