Prep time: 10 minutes
Broil: 5 minutes
Yield: 16 to 20 skewers
* 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
* 1 Tbs olive oil
* salt and pepper to taste
* Cooking spray
* 32 to 40 grape tomatoes, about one basket
* Basil leaves OR green pepper, optional
* 3 Tbs refrigerated pesto sauce
* 11?2 cup light mayonnaise
1. Preheat broiler. In a medium bowl, combine shrimp with oil, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat. Place in a single layer on broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil, about 6 inches from heat source, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until shrimp are pink. Remove pan from broiler, turn shrimp, return to broiler, and cook until done, about 2 more minutes.
2. Once shrimp are cooked, remove from heat. While shrimp are cooling, combine pesto sauce and mayonnaise in a small bowl. 3. When shrimp are cool, thread onto skewers with cherry tomatoes and basil leaves or green pepper. Serve with pesto dipping sauce.
How kids can help Combine pesto sauce and mayonnaise
Per Serving: 97 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated), 182 mg sodium, 88 mg cholesterol