|Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 15 to 18 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
- 6 firm, ripe peaches, peeled, pitted, and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 5 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro or parsley
- 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons fresh or bottled lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- Four 12- to 16-ounce pork tenderloins, trimmed
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- Prepare charcoal for grilling, heat a gas grill on medium heat, or preheat the broiler.
- Prepare the salsa:Combine the peaches, onion, 3 tablespoons of the cilantro, 2 teaspoons of the olive oil, 2 teaspoons of the lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon of the lemon zest, 1/4 teaspoon ofthe salt, and 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper in a bowl. Cover and refigerate until ready to serve (can be prepared up to 2 hours ahead).
- Prepare the pork: In a glass or ceramic dish, stir together the remaining olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Add the tenderloins and marinate at room tempertaure, turning frequently, for 30 minutes.
- Chop together the remaining cilantro and lemon zest wit hthe garlic; set aside.
- Grill the pork, turning often, for 15 to 18 minutes or until it registers 145 to 150 degrees on an instant-read thermometer. If broiling, place the tenderloins in a shallow pan and broil 5 to 6 inches from flame for 10 minutes. Turn with tongs,and broil for 5 to 8 minutes more.
- Transfer the pork to a cutting board and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and half of the cilantro-lemon zest mixture; let stand for about 10 minutes before cutting into slices 1/2 inch thick.
To Serve: Arrange the sliced pork on a platter, sprinkle with remaining cilantro-lemon zest mixture, and serve with the peach salsa on the side.
|How kids can help: Mix the ingredients for salsa and for the marinade and sprinkle pork slices with cilantro-lemon zest mixture.|
Per serving(1/12 of recipe):149 calories, 19 g protein, 5 g fat (1.4 saturated), 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 162 mg sodium, 60 mg cholesterol, 1.2 mg iron, 12 mg calacium.